2 qts. Hood heavy Cream
1 pt. Hood milk
49 large DFS egg yolks
14 oz. Jack Frost granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. ComSource vanilla extract
8 oz. Jack Frost dark brown sugar
10 oz. Jack Frost granulated sugar
6 oz. Fisher almonds, ground and toasted
24 sheets Alpha phyllo dough, thawed
8 oz. DFS unsalted butter, melted
12 oz. DFS strawberries, stemmed
2-3 Tbsp. Jack Frost granulated sugar
(frozen sliced, sweetened strawberies can be used)
2 lbs. DFS strawberries, stemmed and sliced
24 DFS strawberries, cut into fans
- To make Creme Brulee: Heat oven to 300ºF. In saucepan, bring cream and milk just to a boil. Remove from heat.
- In bowl, whisk together yolks, granulated sugar and vanilla until blended. Slowly whisk in cream mixture. Strain.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture (7 cups) into each of 2 full-size hotel pans. Place in hot water bath. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Cover; chill 2 hours or until firm. Cut each pan into 24 (3-inch) squares.
- Sift 3/4 cup brown sugar over each pan of Creme Brulee. Brown each pan under salamander, watching carefully to prevent sugar from burning. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- To make Napoleon Pastry: Heat oven to 350ºF. In bowl, combine sugar and almonds; set aside.
- Lightly brush 1 sheet phyllo with butter. Sprinkle evenly with 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar mixture; repeat layering 3 more times to make 4 layers. Cut into 12 (3-1/2 inch) squares.
- Repeat process 5 more times with remaining sheets of phyllo to make total of 72 squares. Arrange squares on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until light brown. Cool on wire rack. Set aside.
- To make Strawberry Sauce: In blender container, puree strawberries until smooth. Sweeten to taste with sugar. Cover and chill. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
- For each serving, to order: Drizzle 1 tablespoon Strawberry Sauce on serving plate. Plate 1 Napoleon Pastry in center. Top with 1 square of Creme Brulee and 2 tablespoons sliced strawberries. Repeat layers; top with third Napoleon Pastry. Garnish with strawberry fan and mint.
Yield: 24 Servings