100% Company paid health, dental, and vision coverage
Delivery Drivers CDL A & B – Touch Freight, Union Position
DiCarlo Distributors Inc. has been serving our customers proudly since 1963. As one of the largest food distributors in the New York metropolitan area and a family-owned business, our philosophy is to provide our customers with the highest quality food at the most competitive prices. Our main office is in Holtsville, Long Island and have satellite locations in New Jersey and Massachusetts.
DiCarlo has immediate job openings for dependable, local CDL Delivery Drivers to safely operate refrigerated commercial vehicles within the Tri-state area and efficiently make hand truck deliveries of various food products into customer storage locations.
Experienced drivers quickly learn our delivery areas, customers, and procedures and then are assigned routes where they can be successful. We are willing to train strong candidates who want an opportunity to learn. Training pay is $245/day. Efficient and experienced drivers can average $275-$375 per day.
Why DiCarlo is Right for You:
- Incentive based pay structure-ability to earn up to $95,000 annually.
- Sign-on bonus for eligible new hires.
- 100% Company paid health, dental, and vision coverage
- Drivers have assigned routes and equipment and are home daily.
- Paid sick, vacation and holidays.
- Generous retirement benefits.
- Employee discount programs.
- Service recognition and employee rewards.
- Referral programs.
- Operate an assigned vehicle safely and responsibly within all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Scan and unload products from the vehicle with a hand truck and/or manual pallet jack and deliver product into designated customer storage areas.
- Verify accuracy and integrity of product and obtain proper customer signatures.
- Handle payment from customers when applicable.
- Report vehicle, route, product, and customer concerns to dispatch. Also report accidents, traffic violations, and roadside inspections.
- Maintain professionalism with a customer service mindset while performing job duties
- CDL Class A or B required
- Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate DOT medical card
- 1 year of commercial driving experience in the last 3 years preferred
- A clean DOT/MVR record preferred
- Reliability with a safety focus is critical to success
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Personable with a customer service mindset
- Submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and designated as safety sensitive by the company requiring the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The driver must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the driver will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, lift, and sit. The driver is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and reach with hands and arms. The driver must be able to regularly lift and move up to 50lbs (occasionally up to 100lbs).
- The driver must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
About DiCarlo Food Service
Work Location: 1630 North Ocean Avenue, Holtsville, NY 11742
For more information, please contact Human Resources @ 631-758-6000 ext. 307
DiCarlo Food Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $95,000.00 per year
If you do not have a resume document to upload, click “Apply for Job without Resume”. If you have a resume document that you wish to upload, click “Apply for Job”.