Assorted mushrooms, small ones work better in this recipe
8 cipollini, small (#593)
1 3/4 cup Marsala wine (#305705)
1 heaping 1/4 cup, mascarpone cheese (#19250)
1 clove garlic, finely minced (#351)
1 tablespoon butter (#12252)
fresh thyme and parsley (#797, #602)
1/2 lb. cooked Mezzi Rigatoni (#183452)
- Pre boil cipollini for 2 minutes with skins on then submerge in ice bath for easy peeling.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, then place all mushrooms and cipollini on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive, oil salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized around 10 minutes or so. Set aside.
- In the meantime make your sauce by placing the garlic, butter and a drizzle of olive oil in a sauce pan, saute until garlic turns golden then pour in the Marsala and the thyme from one or two branches, let the alcohol cook down for a few minutes then whisk in the mascarpone cheese, reduce heat and slowly let the sauce thicken.
- When the sauce thickens then add in your roasted and caramelized cipollini and mushrooms then toss in the cooked pasta, gently stirring to coat everything with the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and more thyme.