6 Tbsp. Sacramento tomato juice
6 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. DFS cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. Realemon lemon juice
3 oz. Domino brown sugar
1 lb. 10 oz. Dole drained canned pineapple chunks
12 oz. DFS whole strawberries, stemmed
6 oz. DFS onions, chunked 1 inch
3 oz. DFS red bell pepper, chunked 1 inch
3 oz. DFS green bell pepper, chunked 1 inch
DFS salt, as needed
- In small saucepan, mix tomato juice, water, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar. Bring to boil, remove from heat and set aside.
- In bowl of food processor combine pineapple, strawberries, onions and bell peppers. Chop into fine dice, pulsing on and off. Mix in liquid. Season with salt.
- Pour into non-reactive container. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- For each serving, portion 1/4 cup ladle sauce into ramekin. Serve with hot chicken strips or cold, sliced roast pork tenderloin and rye bread.
- For a smoother sauce for dipping, continue to process the mixture until quite smooth.
Yield: 24 servings (6 cups sauce)