1 cup Farro
3 cups water plus 1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp.Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus 1 Tbsp for roasting
3 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Red Onion, chopped fine
1 5 oz. basket ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
3 oz. Goat Cheese
Oil Cured Olives for garnish
- Place 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in medium size skillet. Toast until farro is lightly toasted and aromatic. Cool slightly.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to pan and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook uncovered until farro is medium tender, about 15-18 minutes. Drain well.
- Place farro in mixing bowl and add remaining 6 Tbsp Roland Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 Tbsp Roland Red Wine Vinegar, chopped onion and garlic.
- Let stand at room temperature up to one hour. At serving time, fold in cherry tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over top of salad and garnish with oil cured pitted olives.
- Best served at room temperature.